The Minalogic digital technology cluster, based in France’s Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, received the European Gold Label for Cluster Management Excellence for the second time in recognition of the quality of its operational management and governance.
Currently, only 69 clusters out of a total of more than 2,000 in Europe have received the prestigious Gold Label of the European Cluster Excellence Initiative (ECEI) set up in 2010 by the European Commission’s Enterprise and Industry DG to evaluate European clusters’ management and performance. The evaluations are conducted by independent experts, include a one-day on-site audit, and culminate in a report assessing the clusters’ quality and professionalism.
Minalogic was evaluated on 31 indicators encompassing internal management and coordination of the innovation ecosystem.
The evaluators gave Minalogic high marks for :
- A relevant positioning in the field of digital technology and an expanded geographical scope now covering all of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, a move that will create more R&D and business opportunities for cluster members
- An effective lineup of support and development services for businesses and targeted initiatives to get SMEs and corporations working together (Open Innovation Days)
- Detailed tracking of the economic benefits of completed R&D projects
- A strong international presence
- A highly qualified, efficiently managed staff
“This second Gold Label confirms Minalogic’s position as one of the top clusters in France -and in Europe- and is proof that our long-standing strategy is the right one,” said Minalogic General Manager Isabelle Guillaume. “It also recognizes our team’s investment in our members’ development since the cluster’s inception.”