DSP Valley and its cluster partners of the Silicon Europe Alliance kindly invite you:
Open Innovation Day with Boston Scientific
Enabling Innovation in Smart Health Solutions together with Boston Scientific
Tuesday, November 13th, 2018 from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Health House, Leuven (Belgium) -
Are you a high tech SME, an Applied Research Institute or a Start-up offering innovative and breakthrough solutions for medical technologies?
Then Boston Scientific, global medical technology leader, wants to explore an active partnership with you.
Therefore, Boston Scientific, together with DSP Valley (supported by Silicon Europe) is organizing an open innovation day in order to discuss about potential partnering with you. We are looking for partners offering innovative and breakthrough technologies and solutions in a number of strategically important fields for Boston Scientific with the goal to establish mutually beneficial collaborative efforts to accelerate joint commercialization of these technologies and be able to provide beneficial solutions to patients and physicians.
Boston Scientific is looking for partnerships, innovative solutions and enabling technologies in the following fields:
1. Fiber optics (FO)
2. Miniaturization of electronics and electronic packaging (EP)
3. Fluidics (pressure measurement, pumps, valves ) (FL)
4. Ultrasound technology (US)
5. IoT applied to smart packaging & supply chain management (IoT)
6. Systematic firmware development for medical devices (FW)
7. Energy Technologies (EN)
8. Any Other Technologies
Companies or research institutes wanting to participate, are kindly requested to fill out the registration and application form. The application form has to include a precise and concrete description of your offering and your motivation to enter into contact with Boston Scientific.
Please return your registration and application form to DSP Valley or to the Silicon Europe cluster you are member of. After reception of your registration and application form, you will be informed about your contact person in one of the clusters (if you are a member of a Silicon Europe cluster, your contact person will be a staff member of this cluster).
The Silicon Europe clusters, together with Boston Scientific, will make a selection of companies and research institutes who will be formally invited to participate in the Open Innovation Day. The target is to allow the 50 most relevant companies to participate.
All selected companies will be scheduled for B2B meetings with the relevant experts of Boston Scientific, with a personalized agenda. In addition, a subselection of the participants will be invited to have a short pitch for the full audience of the Boston Scientific experts and the other participants.
Only the companies and research organizations invited to participate, will have to pay the participation fee.
The selected companies will have a chance to :
Learn about Boston Scientific’s business facts and orientations:
- Market segments and applications at stake
- Innovation that Boston Scientific is seeking for its development of products and services
Pitch their unique and innovative capabilities and know-how
Meet Boston Scientific experts during B2B meetings to discuss and explore opportunities for cooperation
Network with the other participating European innovative SMEs and start-ups and research institutes in the domain of (implantable) medical devices.
09:00am - 10:00am: Boston Scientific presentation
- Boston Scientific overview
Focus on Boston Scientific needs
> Innovation strategy
> Technological orientations: the CTO’s point of view
> Applications and offer (market segments, products, services, solutions)
10:00am - 12:30am: Pitch session (6’ pitch per company + 3’questions)
12:30am - 2:00pm: Lunch
2:00pm - 5:00pm: individual B2B meetings with Boston Scientific experts:
Sensor technologies and monitoring devices
Novel processing technologies
In parallel, also B2B matchmakings can be set up with the other participants to the Open Innovation Day. The scheduling of these B2Bs will be done on the spot.
5:00pm - 5:30pm: short wrap up, by Boston Scientific and networking drink
Boston Scientific participants
- Jeffrey Stahmann, Sr R&D Fellow Systems & Software, Arden Hills, Minnesota
- Keith Maile, Sr R&D Fellow, Arden Hills, Minnesota
- Michael Kane, EE, Arden Hills, Minnesota
- Arnholt Devon, R&D Fellow Electrofysiology, Arden Hills, Minnesota
- Scott Healy, Director R&D Cardiac Rythm mgmt, Arden Hills, Minnesota
- Jim Blood, Electrical Engineering Fellow, Arden Hills, Minnesota
- Wyatt Stahl, Fellow, Product Manager IC, Arden Hills, Minnesota
- Daniel Burgess, Packaging Engineering Fellow, Arden Hills, Minnesota
- Wenguang Li, Sr R&D Fellow: imaging group, Fremont, California
- John Rivera, Director R&D firmware dev., Valencia, California
- Mark Boden, Sr Fellow specialist polymer systems, Marlborough, Massachusetts
- Thomas Hasenberg, Sr. R&D Fellow Urology, Marlborough, Massachusetts
- George Duval, Principal Engineer Endo, Marlborough, Massachusetts
- Anming Cai, Fellow, Imaging Systems, Boston, Massachusetts
- Jonathan Goldstein, Director R&D corporate, Tel Aviv , Israel
- Michael Keane, Director, Clonmel, Ireland
- Noel Smith, Electronics Engineering Fellow, Clonmel, Ireland
- Jan Weber, Sr. R&D Fellow, Kerkrade , Netherlands
- Frank Moonen, Director process engineering, Kerkrade , Netherlands
- Frank van Velden, Technology Manager, Kerkrade, Netherlands
- Alexander Hermann, Business Scout, Berlin , Germany
- Yingbo Li, Technology Scout, Principal Scientist, Shanghai, China
- Crispina Tay, Technology & Business Scout, Singapore
Arenberg Science Park
Gaston Geenslaan 11
3001 Leuven (Belgium)
- Member of Silicon Europe Alliance cluster: 100 € (excl. VAT)
The clusters of the Silicon Europe Alliance are:
Business Cluster Semiconductors (NL), DSP Valley (BE), Fondazione Distretto Green & High Tech Monza-Brianza (IT), GAIA (ES), HighTech NL (NL), MESAP (IT), MIDAS (IE), Minalogic (FR), TechWorks (UK), SCS (FR), Silicon Alps (AT), Silicon Saxony (DE).
- Non-member of Silicon Europe Alliance : 400 € (excl.VAT)
Only the selected participants will be invoiced.
Deadline : October 10th, 2018
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit us at www.bostonscientific.com. Boston Scientific is a member of the DSP Valley cluster.
About DSP Valley
DSP Valley is the Low Countries’ cluster organization on smart electronic systems and IoT solutions. An important application domain is Smart Health, with a special emphasis on body wearable and body implantable medical devices. DSP Valley stimulates innovation by bringing businesses and research institutes together in new innovation projects. For more information, visit us at http://www.dspvalley.com/ and https://blog.dspvalley.com/
Minalogic is a global innovation cluster for digital technologies based in France’s Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region. Minalogic gathers 400 members, among which 300 innovative SMEs/startups as well as the leading-egde research labs and universities in the digital technologies area. The cluster supports its innovative ecosystem by facilitating networking, fostering collaborative R&D, and accelerating business growth of its members. The products and services developed by its members address all industries, from ICT and healthcare to energy and advanced manufacturing.
About Silicon Europe Alliance
Silicon Europe is a collaboration of European clusters bringing together the technological expertise and resources of Europes leading research institutes and companies in the digital technologies and IoT areas such as micro and nanoelectronics, photonics, ICT and software. The 12 clusters represent more than 2500 members, including a large group of high tech SMEs. The Silicon Europe clusters are active in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, the UK.
For more information, visit us at https://www.silicon-europe.eu/home/
De 13/11/2018 - 09:00 au 13/11/2018 - 17:30
Health House, Leuven (Belgium)