Vincent TEMPELAERE, can you tell us a little bit about EVEON :
VT : " Eveon was founded in 2009. We design, develop, and manufacture smart medical systems for secure, automated preparation and administration of complex drugs. Our systems offer controlled, precise, and constant flow rates, enhancing patient comfort and treatment effectiveness, and making healthcare practitioners’ jobs easier, whether they are caring for patients in their home or at a medical facility.
Our Intuity® technology, unique on the market, forms the foundation of the different types of products we’ve developed for various uses. Our medical systems are protected by thirteen patent families and are designed especially for our customers.
We have earned ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 certifications. We’ve also won several awards, including the RTS-France 3 international “Inventing Tomorrow” award in December 2014, a biological and medical engineering award in July 2015, and the Pharmapack 2016 award for best exhibitor innovation in February of this year in the “Convenience and Ease of Use” category."
What made you decide to join Minalogic ?
VT : " We joined in 2010, soon after founding the company, to take advantage of the broad range of services offered by Minalogic. We felt these services would help support our growth strategy. We started actually working with people from Minalogic on the Flumin3 project (financed by the French Single Interministerial Fund). I found our conversations with the Support Committee particularly helpful. Since then, we’ve used quite a few of the cluster’s services: workshops in the “Taste for Business” series, intellectual property training, and the IPstar program."
What collaborative R&D projects are you working on and what specific know-how are you contributing ?
VT : "Eveon was the lead on the Flumin3 project on integrated MEMS fluidics for smart injection to develop a new-generation drug injection system. The project was backed by Minalogic and helped us take our business to the next level: manufacturing bolus-type smart micropumps for drug administration..."
What services have you used since joining Minalogic ?
VT : " Eveon and our employees have taken advantage of a number of Minalogic services and events.
Some worth mentioning are:.
- the advice we received from the Support Committee during the Flumin3 project certification process
- the IPstar program, offered by Avenium Consulting, which helped us develop an industrial property strategy
- the Open Innovation Days, “A Taste for Business” workshops, brainstorming sessions, and networking events, which we attend depending on the topic
- the “Innovative Cluster Company” seal, which helped us raise our profile among investors and gain valuable insights into our business
- and lastly, the chance to showcase one of our medical systems at the cluster innovation exhibit held from February 23 to March 4, 2016, at the French Ministry for the Economy, Industry, and the Digital Sector—a great way to promote Eveon !."
What kinds of partnerships are you looking for as a Minalogic member ? Business ? Innovation ?
VT : "Eveon designs and assembles medical systems. This positioning lets us keep the focus on innovation and integrating technologies in response to the demands of a changing market. Physico-chemical properties like viscosity and volume can vary significantly from one drug to another. Earlier this year, we signed a partnership agreement with Stiplastics. We’re open to partnerships in electronics and IoT, sensors, and mechatronics. In fact we’re about to announce a new partnership in this field, so stay tuned!."